Weight of FedEx Trucks Make Accidents More Dangerous
FedEx Trucks Weigh Tons.
FedEx trucks operate all across the country delivering products. FedEx is a massive corporation. So, when a consumer hits the “buy” button on their mobile device there is a good chance that FedEx will be involved in the delivery of those goods.
FedEx trucks have an estimated weight of 19,000-23,000 GVWR. FedEx freight liners weigh significantly more with a loaded trailer. GVWR stands for gross vehicle weight rating. “In other words, the GVWR is the maximum allowable weight of the fully-loaded vehicle (including passengers and cargo).”
FedEx Truck Regulations
Commercial trucking companies must adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules and regulations created by the U.S. Department of Transportation. These regulations on large commercial vehicles are designed to keep Tennessee residents safe.Trucking companies must not only ensure their drivers meet training requirements, but they have to maintain repair and maintenance logs, records detailing hours of service, and have drug and alcohol testing protocols.
Steps to Take After An Accident With a FedEx Delivery Truck
- Contact law enforcement immediately. A state-issued crash report is a vital step to ensuring the details of the accident are recorded. Do your best to clearly articulate your version of the accident so the reporting officer(s) understand the accident details. One extra savvy move is to have the police officer record in your statement that you are making a formal request to preserve any and all technological evidence that FedEx utilized on the truck, including video evidence.
- Obtain identifying information of the FedEx driver. Often, the police will obtain this information, but do not rely on law enforcement. They are busy and subject to human errors just like anyone else. At a minimum
- Get the name and phone number of the driver;
- Get insurance information;
- Get the license plate number
Take pictures and video of the vehicles and accident scene. Pictures and video can be invaluable to a potential jury or an insurance company evaluating your case. If there is a liability argument, pictures and video can often make or break the case.
Do I Have a Truck Accident Injury Case Against FedEx?
If you are injured in an accident involving a FedEx truck, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Documenting your injury as close in time to the accident as possible is vital to a successful personal injury claim against FedEx. After a FedEx truck accident, you may also incur lost earnings, plus noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering and lost enjoyment of life. Winning compensation against FedEx for your accident injuries is difficult and requires an effective legal strategy.