Why You Need a Lawyer
Tennessee law doesn't require people submitting insurance claims or filing personal injury lawsuits to have an attorney, but there are plenty of reasons why hiring a lawyer is in your best interest. Here are just a few:
- Motorcycle crash claims often involve catastrophic injuries and losses, which can lead to the potential for a sizable settlement or financial award.
- The greater the potential for a large settlement or award, the harder you can expect the at-fault party's insurer or defense lawyer to fight against paying it.
- Having an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can get insurance companies and defense attorneys to take your claim more seriously and may even maximize the value of your case.
- A capable motorcycle crash lawyer can help combat unfair bias against motorcyclists that could threaten your recovery.
Experience and Insight That Matter
Personal injury law is a broad field of practice that includes many different types of cases. While it's common (and perfectly appropriate) for an attorney or law firm to handle multiple kinds of personal injury claims, it's essential to hire one that has experience successfully resolving motorcycle accident cases with similarities to yours. The lawyer you're considering should also have courtroom experience and be willing—and able—to take your case to trial if necessary.
Compassionate and Communicative Client Care
You may want your attorney to be aggressive at the negotiation table or a shark in the courtroom, but when interacting with you and your family, you need someone who is patient and compassionate with clients. This means taking the time to help you understand your rights and options without using confusing legal jargon, providing regular updates on case developments, and ensuring that you feel comfortable and confident in the way your case is being handled.
Get an Attorney Who Gets Results
When interviewing prospective motorcycle accident lawyers, it's helpful to ask about their case results and success rate. Asking how many cases they've won, how many of those cases were recent, and whether (and in what ways) the cases were similar to your own can provide you with valuable information. You can also inquire about the settlements or financial awards they have achieved and ask to read testimonials from other clients to learn about their experiences with the firm. Other potential questions to ask include the following:
- What is your current caseload?
- Who will work on my case? Will it be a lawyer or a paralegal?
- Can you explain how a contingency agreement works?
Experienced, Insightful, and Compassionate Representation for Tennessee Motorcycle Crash Claims
At Weir & Kestner Injury Lawyers, we know how difficult it can be to get your bearings and get your life back on track after suffering injuries and losses in a motorcycle accident caused by another person or company's negligence. From conveniently-located offices in Smyrna, Nashville, and Chattanooga, we help motorcycle crash victims throughout the Volunteer State get the justice—and the compensation—they deserve. Having previously defended insurance companies, we have extensive insight into how insurers investigate and value motorcycle accidents—and how to help you avoid common tricks and tactics used to reduce or deny your claim. Weir & Kestner handles cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing unless we win. Ready to find out what we can do for you and your case?
Get Answers to Your Questions
Complete the online contact form or call us at 615-220-4180 to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation.