Did you sustain injuries or other losses in a car or truck accident, slip-and-fall, or other incident caused by another person's or company's negligence? You may be entitled to take legal action to seek compensation for the resulting medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, the claims process can be complex and anything but intuitive. While you're not legally required to hire an attorney to represent you during the insurance claims and litigation processes, doing so offers numerous benefits. Here's what you should know about Tennessee personal injury litigation, the value of adept legal counsel, and how Weir & Kestner Injury Lawyers can help you fight for a fair recovery.
Tennessee Attorneys With Experience That Matters
Joe Weir and Tony Kestner weren't always personal injury lawyers. Before becoming plaintiffs' attorneys, they represented big insurance companies, which gave them an up-close-and-personal look at how insurers delay, devalue, and deny valid claims. Now, as one of the leading personal injury law firms in the Nashville metropolitan area, Weir & Kestner use this valuable insight to fight for the compensation injured clients need and deserve.
We handle a broad range of cases in which someone was injured because of another person's negligent actions (or inaction), including:
- Car accidents
- Truck crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Slips and falls
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
- Work injuries
- Medical negligence
- Toxic mold exposure
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
What We Do to Add Value to Your Case
From the moment you hire us, we begin working to protect your right to a fair recovery. Here are a few examples of the types of things personal injury attorneys do throughout the course of a typical case.
- Investigate your claim. Our lawyers thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident and injuries to determine fault.
- Gather essential evidence. This may include police accident or incident reports, witness statements, photographs of various injuries and damages, medical records and bills, employment documents, and more.
- Value your damages. In some cases, this may involve working with economic or medical experts who can testify to things like the extent of your financial losses or the need for (and estimated cost of) ongoing medical care.
- Negotiate with insurers. Our attorneys are adept at interpreting policies and fighting for the maximum possible compensation.
- Handle complex legal processes. This may include sending demand letters to insurance companies, preparing legal complaints, and conducting discovery, which involves requesting and reviewing information from the defendant, and deposing witnesses, experts, and others.
- Represent you at trial. If the other party refuses to offer a fair settlement, our highly-skilled Smyrna and Nashville personal injury lawyers can take your case to trial and represent you in court.
Guiding Clients Through the Recovery Process and Providing Peace of Mind
Insurance claims and lawsuits force you to go toe-to-toe with savvy insurers and defense attorneys who aren't working in your best interests. Don't go it alone. Of course, hiring a personal injury lawyer does more than just level the playing field between you and the other side's insurer and legal counsel. It can also increase your chances for a successful outcome and maximize the value of your case.
When you hire Weir & Kestner Injury Lawyers, we thoroughly explain your rights, help you explore your legal options, and keep you up-to-date and involved in key case decisions. However, you only have to be as involved in your case as you want to be. You can leave the complicated and stressful legal wrangling to us while you focus on feeling better.
Talk to Us About Your Tennessee Personal Injury Case
Were you hurt by another person's or company's negligence? Are you or a loved one facing severe injuries, unexpected medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages as a result? You may be entitled to compensation. Complete the online contact form or call 615-220-4180 to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation. Weir & Kestner handles cases on contingency, so if we accept your case, there's no cost to you if we don't win.