Riding a motorcycle may give you a sense of freedom, but you don’t feel so free when a careless driver cuts you off or rear-ends you. This probably happens far too often on the streets of Nashville, Smyrna, and Murfreesboro, but when the incident is more than a minor scuffle and you end up in the road with serious injuries, you need a personal injury attorney who will stand up to the insurance company for the negligent driver to get you the compensation you deserve for your losses. We are proud to represent motorcycle riders when they are injured by careless and negligent drivers in the Nashville area. An accident claim involving a serious injury can be an uphill battle for a biker, but with us by your side, it will at least be a fair fight.
You Can Lean on Us
If you’ve worked with a lawyer in the past, you may not have been left with the best impression. Even if you were happy with the way the case was resolved, you might not have thought much of the attorney on a personal level. At Weir & Kestner Injury Lawyers, we focus on building relationships with clients and on providing them with the support they need right away, rather than overwhelming them with a lot of questions, deadlines, and worst-case scenarios. When you contact our Smyrna law office following a devastating motorcycle crash, we will:
- Make sure you are getting the medical care you need
- Explain each step of the legal process and make sure you understand the how and why
- Get the insurance company off your back
- Investigate the crash to get the evidence we need to support your claim
- Fight for the compensation you deserve from the negligent driver
You are not just another case file to us. We are committed to providing the best possible customer service to our motorcycle accident clients. Call us today to discover the Weir & Kestner difference.
Typical Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Even when wearing safety gear such as a helmet, boots, gloves, and protective clothing, motorcyclists are vulnerable. If they are knocked off their bike and hit the pavement, they are likely to suffer serious injuries. Some of the typical motorcycle accident injuries we see in our office include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even when wearing a helmet, a rider’s brain can be shaken in his skull, resulting in a concussion, contusion, brain bleed, or worse. A TBI can permanently impair motor and cognitive function.
- Spinal injuries. A rider’s back is completely unprotected in a collision with a car. If the spinal cord is damaged, the rider could be paralyzed from the point of injury down. Even when not causing paralysis, broken vertebrae could cause lifelong pain and disability.
- Broken bones. Motorcyclists absorb the impact of a collision with their bodies, often resulting in broken bones. Pelvic fractures, broken hips, compound fractures in arms and legs, and back and neck fractures are some of the more serious injuries caused by a motorcycle crash.
- Road rash and other lacerations. Any exposed skin that hits pavement can be scraped off, resulting in road rash. When gravel and other debris is ground into the open wound, serious infection can result.
- Burns. Contact with the exhaust pipe or engine of the motorcycle can cause third-degree burns that could require long-term treatment, skin grafts, and cause permanent disfigurement.
These kinds of injuries can require millions of dollars in medical treatment and ongoing care. Victims of serious motorcycle crashes often require lifelong therapy and assistance. When your crash was caused by a driver who was speeding, using his cell phone, or just not paying attention, our attorneys will fight to get you the compensation you will need to cover these expenses.
Contact Weir & Kestner Injury Lawyers Today
Don’t wait another day to start fighting for the compensation you deserve. Protect your rights and call us today to get Smyrna’s top-rated motorcycle accident lawyer. Proudly serving the cities of Nashville, La Vergne, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Chattanooga, and ALL Tennessee residents.